Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Seattle Visit


I am such a bad blogger, but the family has really inspired me. I guess it's just laziness on my part to enjoy everyone else's blog, but not to participate. So I am going to try again....


Lee and I were blessed to be able to go to Seattle and visit Matt and Rebecca and their family. We got to be there for Brianna's Baptism. It was fun to see the girls and get to know them a little better.

When we got there, Brianna and her 'assistant' Asia had prepared a museum for grandparents to view. All the displays were clearly labeled, and she was able to answer any questions that were asked. Here is the 'curator' in front of one of her displays.



Asia worked very hard for the grand opening

Here they are for the opening

Brianna posed for the brochure with her favorite exhibit

Brianna's Baptism

Here is Brianna and her dad before her baptism:


it was good to compare photo ideas with Matt (sorry about the bad quality, I'm still working on it.....) and learn Rebecca's techniques for soft whole wheat bread.

Brianna posing so sweetly



Asia having fun

The two together

I came home and uploaded my photos....yes, Andrew Henry did explain why some of them were not what I had intended. Apparently the polarizer that I fell in love with on this trip for it's reflective abilities and contrast also make pictures darker....which I needed to compensate for. Sigh. Still learning......

Mom and Daughter
The family with the Grandparents


2 comments:

Justin said...

Love it! Thank you for this update, you posted more about this then MAtt, it was fun to see the trip
Em

Katherine Bettilyon said...

yeah, updates are fun!!! I loved the picutres! Looks like you had fun.