Sunday, December 26, 2010

Inspiration and Impulse


I was so impressed with Brit's food storage. I was inspired! She told me how easy it was to can the carrots. She and Allen got Lee and I a juicer for Christmas. So I went out and bought a 25 lb. bag of carrots to juice and to can. Today I noticed that there were some spots on the carrots, and yes, I needed to get them done. We had been enjoying the carrot juice, now it was time to can them.

I washed carrots. I cut off the ends, put them in jars with a little salt and filled them with water. Then I started the water bath and checked online to see how long they needed to be on. Wait, carrots require a pressure cooker! oh no, what do I do now?

So the carrots look great, but I have 10 jars that need to be refrigerated until they are used or pressurized.

Another false start. Anyone notice that today was Sunday? Sigh. I really should plan these things and not go crazy on Sunday.


2 comments:

Em said...

I'm impressed as well both on Brit sake and yours! Maybe Brit could teach us all about canning!

Matt Bettilyon said...

but they are still really cute and nice bokeh.